1. Data protection principles
A greener life, LLC is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.”
2. General provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the Charity.
- The Responsible Person shall take responsibility for a greener life, LLC ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
- The Charity shall register with the Information Commissioner’s Office as an organization that processes personal data.
3. Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, a greener life, LLC shall maintain a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to a greener life, LLC shall be dealt with in a timely manner (less than 20 business days).
4. Lawful purposes
All data processed by a greener life, LLC must be done on one of the following lawful bases:
consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests (see ICO guidance for more information).
- A greener life, LLC shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in a greener life LLC’s
5. Data minimization
- A greener life, LLC shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- A greener life shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, steps shall be put in place to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
7. Archiving / removal
- To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, a greener life, LLC shall put in place an archiving policy for each area in which personal data is processed and review this process annually.
- The archiving policy shall consider what data should/must be retained, for no longer than 20 months.
- A greener life, LLC shall ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern
software that is kept up-to-date.
- Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorized sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
- Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, a greener life, LLC shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the ICO (more information on the ICO website).
Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work.
|Universal Analytics (Google)||_ga
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data
|Security breach notification form cookie||ASP.NET_SessionId||This cookie is essential for the breach notification form – the form that public electronic communications service providers use to notify the ICO of a security breach – to operate. It is set only for those people using the form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
Visit the Microsoft website
|We embed videos from our YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.PREF – * Expires after eight months
VSC – * expires at the end of your session
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – *expires after eight months
remote_sid – * expires at the end of your session
How do I change my cookie settings?
We also use some non-essential cookies to collect information for making reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
To control third party cookies, you can also adjust your browser settings.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We are planning to enhance our cookie tool to allow users to more easily change their cookie settings after their initial choice.